Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is your background from another country?

My grandparents from my dad's side of the family came from Germany. They moved away from Germany to the US in 1943, because of World War II. My dad was born here. My great-grandparents and the generations before from my mom's side were from Poland. My grandparents and my mother and I were all born here in the US. I sometimes follow the advice my grandparents from my dad's side gave of 'helping one another' even a stranger because in that time before the moved from Germany well, the war was on and they went through a lot. Wonderful people helped them live through and move away safely and they were complete strangers, that's what they told me. So I try to live by that hope. I didn't really knew my mother's parents well enough to say I act like them sometimes as they lived in another state and rarely visit them or visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment